Hi! Long time, no see, right? We started university (and had to quit due to various medical and health reasons!) in the time we were gone, and altogether haven't had the best 2015 we could have - but let's take a moment and hope that 2016 will be a better year for both of us! To get us back on track with blogging, we've decided to take on the 365 day Lifestyle Lolita Challenge from Lace a la Mode! We've both definitely been feeling a little discouraged from both blogging and lolita recently (even our instagram feed, which was probably our most active social media, hasn't been updated since August!) so we're hoping that taking on such a challenge might push us out of our slump!
So, before we get on to the challenge, let's just take a minute to review our lolita goals from last year's new year's resolution post!
- Stop buying things just because they are cheap and might not be available again. I'm not really sure how well we managed this, although we definitely in general did buy more expensive items! We didn't buy as many bodyline pieces, which was the main reason we set up this resolution in the first place!
- Buy a lot more basics; blouses, tights, and boleros spring to mind before all others! We definitely bought a lot more blouses! We also bought a lot of ankle socks, though not so many tights. We're having a bit of trouble finding cute loli-able boleros in plus size, though, so if anyone has any recommendations we'd be glad to hear them!
- Get a big, good, bag that will work with most of our co-ords and will fit all of our stuff in! This one we did pretty well! We bought a lot of bags, most of which fit quite a good amount of stuff in!
- Look at how pieces coordinate with our outfits and wardrobes before we buy them. Okay, this one wasn't such a success; we spent the vast majority of 2015 talking about how badly we needed to buy a pair of brown shoes. Really badly.
- Attend more meetups and try and wear lolita at least once a month, as well as becoming more active in the online loli community. We did really well with this up until September, basically! The last few months we definitely did not have the motivation to wear lolita, but up until then we were getting there! We posted a lot of coords on tumblr and Haz posted her first Closet of Frills post!
- More shoes! Always, always more shoes. We bought a lot of shoes! We both got gold shoes, eventually brown shoes, but we could both still really do with some pale pink shoes.
- Try and get at least one wish list item each, whether it be something as small as an accessory or as big as an OP! We both did this! I got one of my Ultimate Dream Dresses (AP's Classic Melody!) and so did Haz (AP's Toy Parade!). As well as that we picked up some other wishlist dresses; Sweet Cream House, Dolly Cat, and more than a few others!
- Try out an indie or a taobao brand. We didn't go out and buy any indie/taobao brand specially, but we did end up getting a really cute elephant dress from one of our friend's brands, Camellia's Closet! It's really cute and Haz collects elephants so it was perfect for her!
Okay! So, this challenge originates from Lace a la Mode, a cute lolita and lifestyle blog! I think the idea is that there'll be a different challenge/prompt etc. posted every day to do with lolita/lolita lifestyle, and we're going to do our best to follow along with this blog. Without further ado, goals for our wardrobe for 2016:
- Buy more blouses! Because really, can you ever have too many blouses?
- Buy more dream items and less stuff just because it's cheap and easy to get to - a resolution we made last year, but still a resolution to go with!
- Make more things to go with our dresses and outfits; we both obviously make a lot of jewelry for the shop but we don't often just make something just because we want to.
- Attend more meets and events and conventions! That way we have somewhere to wear all of the cute things we're making! I'm not really sure what's going on with our local community, but there are a few comms close to us that it would be easy to go to meets at!
Well, I think that's it! I hope you all had a wonderful new year and I hope that 2016 is going to be your best year yet! We have tickets to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in June and we're trading at our first two-day convention in the summer too, so we already have something to look forward to!
I hope we'll be posting a lot more next year!
♥Haz & Nat♥