Wednesday 6 January 2016

♥ Lifestyle Lolita Challenge - Day 6 ♥ ~ Music! ~


I was a bit worried that we wouldn't be able to make a whole blog post about this one, especially seeing as we've done a post about loli-able music before! But music is such a wide topic, I thought it wouldn't be too arduous to talk about it some more!

As far as alarms go, I have to admit that I don't have an alarm clock and I don't really charge my phone enough to use it as a reliable alarm; on rare times when I am alone, I use an online alarm clock to wake me up! When I was younger I did use my phone enough to use it as an alarm, and I often switched out the tones to different songs I liked (as if I left them too long, I would get used to their sounds and sleep straight through them! I am cursed with being a very heavy sleeper). 

Haz just recently got a new phone, so we haven't quite worked out all of the bells and whistles of it yet, but with a little messing around I managed to set an alarm tone! She doesn't have much music on it yet, but eventually I decided on setting it to 'Already Home' from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Wizard of Oz musical; it's a duet between Glinda and Dorothy and ends the show, and it's actually really very beautiful!


As musical theatre nerds, we don't really listen to very many artists - both of us love Melanie Martinez and Taylor Swift and Marina and the Diamonds, and I really like Emilie Autumn and the Dresden Dolls and a collection of "emo" bands from a phase I went through in high school (a taste that Haz shares with me!). If you're interested in musical theatre and in lolita-able music from musicals, I would definitely suggest shows/movies/soundtracks like: 

  • The Slipper and The Rose
  • Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella
  • The Secret Garden
  • A Little Princess
  • Into The Woods
  • The Light Princess
And it doesn't quite fit the 'lolita-able' aspect of my list, but Haz and I have been listening to 'Hamilton' an awful lot recently and both of us adore it, as do all of our musical theatre inclined friends! If you don't know anything about it, it's a hip hop musical based on Alexander Hamilton, one of the founding fathers of the USA - and believe me, we were as skeptical as you when we first heard about it!

What about you? Did you all change your alarms to something pleasant? Or are you not alarm-tone type people? We'd love to hear! 


✿Love,✿
♥Haz & Nat♥

No comments:

Post a Comment