Tuesday 20 May 2014

(。◕‿◕。) ♥ Frillytime #2: Lolitapop Playlist! ♥ (。◕‿◕。)


Hello! Today we thought we'd share with you a pink-themed, cute playlist to get ready to or to jam out to when you're on your own and want to feel like a princess! Both of us have been through very different tastes in their musical lives - Haz used to listen to a lot of pop punk and Nat has cycled through everything from country to operatic metal to dark cabaret! So hopefully, this playlist will contain something for everyone! ∩(︶▽︶)∩




Lenka - The Show
HAZ: (giggles) I don't know - I like it 'cos it's got a really catchy [reads what I'm writing, leaves giant pause, laughs] I think it has a really catchy tune, and it's just bubbly and - I don't know, I like it, it makes me happy. That was very eloquent, you're welcome. I don't like being put on the spot like this - you better not write that down!



Kahimi Karie - Lolitapop Dollhouse
NAT:  This song was the reason I wanted to make this post! I think in general my music taste leans a little bit darker and angrier than Hazel's, and I think that this is a really good example of at once adorable and kind of angry; I've always been interested in social justice and feminism and I think this is such a good song to dance around to and express your feelings with! Also, Kahimi's voice has such a soft and dreamy quality to it even when the music is pretty harsh!



Stephanie J Block - Never Neverland (Fly Away)
HAZ: This song makes me think of fairytales and storybooks and being a fairytale character! And that's kind of how I feel about wearing lolita - like I'm a character in a fairytale. Like I've been written by an author as a character in a book. Oh, and this song makes me think about how children picture these characters and how we've all heard those stories about lolitas who've been stopped in the street and told about how they're princesses and I don't know it just makes me feel really happy! 




Call Me A Princess - Deleted Song From Aladdin
NAT:  I'm joining in with Hazel's Disney theme from up there! I could pretty much put any Disney song on this playlist, but this song just seems to fit in so well with the way I feel when I'm getting ready for lolita and when I'm head to toe in my finery! Even if the sentiment of this song isn't the most adorable or polite, this song really does make me feel like a pampered princess and it's very nice to momentarily relax in the idea of being a princess who can break down a carriage and immediately get themselves a replacement! 



PONPONPON - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Music Box Version)
HAZ: Although I love the original version of this song, I love this version because it just makes me think of a doll going around in a music box and how when I was little I used to love watching the ballerina in my mum's jewellery box go around and around because it was so relaxing and I was really envious of her tutu!



Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
NAT:  Okay, I love Emilie Autumn. Her music pretty much saved my life - but that's a cliche most of her fans go through with, so I won't over gush about it here. Fight Like A Girl is basically her fighting girl power anthem, and I defy you not to listen to it and feel a little bit empowered by your own femininity! I love love love this song, it always gets me up and raring to go and own myself and who I am! 


Some other tracks to listen to and enjoy on your own personal Lolitapop Playlist:


So there you have it! A little start off to a playlist for a lolita! ✿◠‿◠) What about you? What songs would be on your ideal LolitaPop Playlist? 

✿Love,✿
♥Haz & Nat♥

No comments:

Post a Comment